New Restaurant: Charcoal Dining in the Heart of Cape Town
Winter marks a time to share cozy meals with friends, warming up next to a fireplace and chatting over wine…! Come meet new friends and rediscover Cape Town!
Charcoal Dining is the love child between restauranteur Roy van Litsenborgh & designer Bettina Scheffler. Since moving to Cape Town, they wanted to create a personalised and intimate fine dining venue in the city! The dream came to life through Bettina’s passion for interior design and Roy’s vast culinary experience (think Pepper Club, Rhodes Memorial Restaurant, Richard’s Supper Stage).
Roy & Bettina’s menu changes weekly, using local seasonal produce from Oranjezicht City Farm, free range and organic supplies wherever possible!
The FINAL MENU for our 3-course Dinner will be announced July 7th! Meanwhile, here are some teasers from the June 25th menu:
STARTER: (Tasting platters to be shared)
- Choriso, Pimento, Sun Dried Tomato, Pine Nuts, Cherry Tomato salad
- Homemade Fettucine with Prawn, Kingklip, Veloute
- Roast Spicy Tomato Soup
MAINS: (Vegetarian, Fresh linefish/ tuna, and a Red meat option)
- Lamb Ragout, Sweet Potato Fries, Seasonal Vegetables
- Grilled Ostrich Fillet Medallions with Orange, Ginger, Dates, Pomegranate and winter salad
- Seared Tuna, Avocado, Lime, Chilli Salsa with Cherry Tomato, Olive, Anchovy, Rocket Salad
- Homemade Ravioli stuffed with Wild Mushroom, Artichoke with Tomato & Chilli
DESSERTS: (Tasting platters to be shared)
- Homemade Organic Blackberry Sorbet with Tuille Wafer, Granadilla Sauce
- Fresh Berry Pavlova, Crème Anglaise & Chocolate
- Belgian Waffle drizzled with Hazelnut Syrup, scoop of homemade Lemon Cheesecake Ice Cream
LIMITED seats available, book now to secure your spot!