With more than 24 million visitors a year, the V&A Waterfront is one of Cape Town’s top attractions for visitors and locals alike. While most Capetonians tend to hibernate during the freezing winter months, the V&A Waterfront knows just how to lure them out with an array of specials for their shops, restaurants and activities to keep them warm, well-nourished and happy without breaking the bank.
The more than 450 retail outlets include shops of well-known international and South African brands (open daily from 9 am to 9 pm) and the creative Watershed with arts and crafts from local artists (open daily from 10 am to 7 pm). Check out the Winter Sale and get up to 50 % discount.
The V&A Waterfront is also home to some of Cape Town’s finest restaurants. Whether you just need a quick snack (visit the popular food market open daily from 10 am to 6 pm in winter) or want to treat your family or your significant other to a special night out, you will find the right place among the 80+ diverse eateries. With the Winterlust Specials, you will find great deals for more than 25 restaurants at the V&A Waterfront.
Check out all restaurant specials below and have a look at this winter’s activities and kids’ activities, too. With so many specials it’s 100 per cent worth it to leave the cosy bed and make your way to the V&A Waterfront.
Bascule Whiskey, Wine and Cocktail Bar
With one of the largest whisky collections in the Southern Hemisphere, Bascule offers the unique opportunity to learn about the art of distilling, maturing and blending.
- A Shared Experience: R 395 per person. An opportunity to join fellow enthusiasts as we taste, appreciate and learn about the various styles of whisky on offer. Limited to 12 guests.
- Sommelier’s Choice: R1,000 per person. For the whisky enthusiast! A personal, bespoke tasting that highlights unique, rare and premium whiskies from the Bascule collection.
Afternoon special: Coffee and cake for R48.
Join Camissa this winter for a two course meal at R275 per person or a three course meal at R350 per person. Complimentary glass of wine included.
Cape Town Comedy Club
Deal on two course meal (Starter & Main) for R 170.
Cape Town Fish Market
Situated at Clock Tower Square, the famous seafood restaurant offers varied specials from Monday to Thursday:
- Patrons will receive complimentary entry to the Chavonnes Battery Museum on Monday evenings, when they order the 200g fish and chips (or burger) special for R100.
- Tuesday evenings offer the restaurant’s famous sushi special, offering a 50% discount on classic sushi and a 25% discount on sushi platters.
- Two of the Cape Town Fish Market’s platters, are substantially discounted on Wednesday evenings, with the Granger Bay Platter (serves two) available at R199 (save R75) and the Fish Hoek Platter (serves one) for R99 (save R43).
- Sushi platters are the focus of Thursday’s discounts, with platters starting at just R89.
Traditional South African steakhouse City Grill knows that there is nothing more comforting than a hearty steak or burger to warm chilled winter months. The steakhouse has discounted their gourmet steaks and burgers by 50% until the end of August this year. (Only applies to orders placed between 11am and 7pm).
Well-known for their excellent oyster and champagne offerings, a two-course meal at Dalliance in the Victoria Wharf Shopping Centre carries a special winter price tag of R190 per person. The three-course meal is also available at a special price, at R230 per person during winter months.
Four course taster menu for R395 per person. Available from 1 April to 30 September 2017.
Belgian restaurant bar Den Anker is offering two dishes of mussels, fish or burgers, paired with their renowned Belgian beers on tap for R125 for the winter months.
In addition to a number of drinks specials, Ferryman’s Tavern has crafted a winter lunch menu for patrons, available between midday and 4pm each day. With all winter specials dishes coming in at under R100 per person, diners will also be pleased to hear that children up to 10 years old eat free at Ferryman’s between Mondays and Thursday.
* Limited to 2 children for every adult meal purchased. Children can choose an item from Ferryman’s kids menu.
LUNCH WARMER OFFERS
- Monday: 600g Spare ribs R95
- Tuesday: Surf & Turf R85
- Wednesday: Fish & chips R55
- Thursday: Tomato bredie & rice R55. Served between 12h00 and 16h00
Rustic Roasts featuring Arno Carstens
- R295 Per person: Available 30 July 2017; between 13h00 -17h00
Get your morning fix
- Takeaway coffee and chocolate croissant for R45
Grand Africa Beach & Cafe
Winter set menu June 2017
- Offering a two course menu for R195 per person
- Offering a three course menu at R255 per person
Victoria Wharf’s Greek Fisherman restaurant is offering winter-appropriate discounts on their seafood platters. Patrons who order seafood platters between 11am and 7pm (any day of the week) will pay R140 for the first platter, and just R70 for the second. Dig in!
The ever-elegant Harbour House has planned a three-course winter luncheon menu at R215 per person from Monday to Saturday, in addition to their beautiful year-round views overlooking the harbour. For an additional R25 per person, diners will also receive a glass of wine with their meal.
A new addition to the V&A foodie landscape is Portuguese eatery MAReSOL, which has also developed a winter menu for diners to enjoy. Those seeking a Portuguese-inspired experience can try out MAReSOL’s two-course mean for R165 per person, or taste the three-course meal for just R195.
Italian pizzeria Meloncino, located on the upper level of the Victoria Wharf Shopping Centre, is offering diners a 50% discount on all pizzas, pastas and cocktails every day from 11am to 7pm until the end of August.
Well-known Scottish alehouse Mitchell’s has added some delicious comfort food to their winter lunch menu, with no dish costing more than R85. Items on the winter menu include select pizzas, burgers calamari and chicken dishes, and are served between midday and 4pm. The pub also has a number of drinks specials valid until the end of August.
Winter specials abound at Mondiall, with particular specials each on Monday and Thursday, and other specials throughout the week during winter months.
- Mondiall’s ‘2-for-1 Monday Madness’ special has proven popular, with guests receiving the least expensive starter, main and/or dessert free when ordering two or more of each.
- Thursdays are Ladies’ Nights at Mondiall, and ladies receive 50% off cocktails and main meals during the evening.
- The restaurant’s winter lunch and dinner menus come in at R185 per person for a two-course meal, and R225 for a three-course meal.
Decadent Winter Special on offer:
- Two course meal at R165 per person
- Three course meal at R195 per person
- Battle of the bands: every Tuesday until 29 August. Times: 19h00 – 22h00
Cape Malay–style Quarterdeck offers a hearty Sunday braai from 12h00 – 15h00 for only R165 per person. Children under 12 years eat for half the price. This deal even comes with complimentary parking in the Portswood Square.
South African celebrity chef Reuben Riffel’s first urban restaurant, Reuben’s at The One&Only Cape Town, has crafted a five-star winter menu for the colder months, available for lunch or dinner. At R295 per person, the three-course meal is sure to be just as five-star as its chef!
Guest speaker talks are available at The One&Only Cape Town: The talks unfold in their magnificent ballroom and guests can enjoy a delectable buffet dinner at Reuben’s afterward. The cost per person including dinner (excluding beverages) is R350 per talk.
- Jazz Nite: every Thursday between: 18h00 – 22h00
- Happy Hour: every day from 15h00 -18h00: Two for one cocktails and craft beers.
Two course meal at R210 per person, paired with a glass of white or red wine
Three course meal at R250 per person, paired with a glass of white or red wine
Upstairs @ Quay Four
Boasting spectacular harbour views, Upstairs @ Quay Four is offering a two- and three-course winter menu for R165 and R195 (per person) respectively.
W17 Café Bar
Two for one special offered especially for winter, every Friday from 16h00 – 18h00.